Table of Contents
Familiarize yourself with Slack Messaging App, your daily communication center. Connect with co-workers & customers. Discuss projects within department channels and stay up to date with office events and projects.
Internal Slack Messaging Rules and Etiquette
- Always keep messages professional between co-workers.
- Acknowledge all groups and direct messages.
- Never turn-off notifications pop-ups or bells
- Sjolie Sunless employee is prohibited from changing their availability status.
- Speak with confidence, fake it until you make it.
- You are prohibited from creating your own group messages or group channels. The creation of a non-existent group or channel must have prior approval.
Outbound Slack Messaging Rules and Etiquette
- Everyone is responsible for Public messages unless notified otherwise
- Incoming chat messages should be answered immediately.
- Never leave a chat message unanswered.
- Avoid joining a chat channel working
- Always answer active chat messages with an appropriate script.
- Be sure another employee has not already joined a chat before you do.
A Slack Channel represents a private “group message” between departments and projects. This Channel allows messaging between groups of participants, each person included in the Channel will be notified when a message is sent within the Channel. This is an excellent resource to use for sending group notifications and updates to your peers.
How to Answer a Chat Message
- Confirm the chat has not been joined by another representative
- Select the blue hashtag with the Slack given name to access the Slack Message
- Select Join Channel, it will be a green button at the bottom of the message page
- Input your response in the Reply Box, press Enter to submit
- Respond as needed. Include links or attachments if necessary. Never leave the customer unattended and always respond to messages immediately.
- To end the conversation, select the red button titled End, or type “.end” into your Reply box and select Enter.
International Slack Message: How to
Slack responses should include the following:
- Instruct the customer of the proper ordering procedure
* Directly with a Representative, via chat, email, or phone. International orders cannot be placed via the Sjolie website.
- Offer to assist the customer in placing an order. You will need to collect information from the customer in order to do so.
* First & Last name
* Email address
* Shipping & Billing Address
* Product and Quantities they would like to order
- If the customer responds, proceed as needed. If the customer does not respond, send a follow-up message to ensure assistance is no longer needed, close ticket.
Chat Message has already been answered: How to
How to locate a joined Chat Message:
- Locate the Chat of choice, and find the Blue HashTag
- Recognize the verbiage, “ticket is handled by @SjolieRepresentative”
* This notice, means the Chat has been joined by another representative
- To view the Chat without Joining, select the Blue hashtag, do not “Join Channel”